HomeFree Video TutorialsFairy School TutorialClasses

Monday, August 22, 2011

Tea Cup Tuesday-Gift Cup!

Hello All!
Welcome again to Tea Cup Tuesday with Martha and me! We LOVE hosting this tea cup event and absolutely adore coming over to see your tea cups! Both of us are really crazy about china, and everything tea. So we share this day with each other and all of you who so graciously join in. Last week I was thrilled to see so many different cups!

Today I am sharing a gift cup!

I was so surprised to hear from Katherine at Crafty Dify, saying she had found a tea cup that immediately made her think of me! So she mailed it all the way from Canada! I was really touched that she would do such a thing. The package arrived last week and I was so excited to see what she had sent.

This is a really sweet cup! The roses are a deep purple red, and the leaves a lovely green. There is a pale blue background behind the flowers that looks amazing, but the photo did not capture it. It really makes the cup pretty!

It has the most darling shape, with ripple edges on cup and plate. The edges are all touched with gold. This cup has a good weight and feel great in the hand.


I had poured a cup of tea in it within the hour of unwrapping it!

It is manufactured by Taylor and Kent, my very first cup from this company! Taylor and Kent began in Longton in 1867, and made fine china and earthenware during the Victorian period.
I have seen a rearing horse in their backstamp, but could not find this one with the crown. Anyone out there with a book that might date this cup?

Katherine also sent me some ribbon, a handmade card and tag as well!

This is her tag. Isn't it lovely? The center tag pulls out too! If you have a chance, stop by and visit her lovely blog. Thank you so very much Katherine! I really appreciate your generosity!

I have a another new cup to share that I picked up at GW last week for $1 and I would like to take you to the Winchester Library in England where I visited their little History of Tea exhibit. I think you will like it!

If you would like to join in Tea Cup Tuesday, PLEASE share a tea cup! Most of you do, but we seem to get people linking up without tea cups, and maybe even without anything to do with tea! (GASP!) I remove those links if I see them in time. Martha and I love coming to see your tea cups, so if you have one to share, or a post with a tea cup in part of it please link your post up below and we will come over and visit you.
Hugs,
Terri

32 comments:

Createology said...

What a wonderfu sweet friend to send you such a beautiful tea cup and handmade goodies. The cup certainly is you. Happy sipping...

Cinderella Moments said...

You lucky gal!! You're right the ripples make the tea look so cute! And the card is adorable.
hugs,
Caroline

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a lovely thing for your friend to do! The cup is very pretty and you have described it well. I enjoyed the info on it too. Lovely card she sent with it. Surprises are lovely, aren't they? Thanks for sharing your pretties with us.

Blessings,
Sandi

Unknown said...

I love love love getting teacup history from you here! That cup is stunning as usual, those roses look deep in color the photos just lovely. The card is awesome! I accidentally put the name of the soup in my teacup this week and not my blog name on my link up...DUH sorry about that!

Micupoftea said...

That's my girl...get a cup and break it in right away! Nice tag, lovely post~

xinex said...

What a pretty present! How thoughtful of Katherine!...Christine

Zaa said...

Friendship is great... and how wonderful to sip in it's sweet fragrance.... Lovely gift and lovely friend... You have such an eloquence for the storyline... Hugs

Antiques And Teacups said...

Hi Terri. What a great gift! How sweet. The mark is their 1950s mark, BTW. The card is so cool!
Cheers!
Ruth

♥ Miss Tea said...

how sweet that you were sent a beautiful teacup all the way from canada! and i love the handmade goodies too! so lucky! thanks for sharing and hosting again! have a wonderful day!

Blessings, Susan

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hello Terri,
that was so nice of your friend to end you this beautiful tea cup. It is really charmingd ecorated and looks so feminine. Thank you for sharing your treasures and for hosting with Martha this nice event.
Best greetings, Johanna

parTea lady said...

That is a lovely teacup. The shape and roses are pretty and I like the wispy fern in the background. Katherine's card and tag are great too - thanks for the link.

Looking forward to hearing about your visit to the History of Tea exhibit.

Victoria said...

Yay....how beautiful Terri...and from my spot in the universe!! Lovely! gorgeous photos as always!What a lovely post..such charming treasures!! fellow bloggers are so wonderful aren't they!!
Enjoy your day...have a sparkling week!
Victoria

highheeledlife said...

What a wonderful surprise to receive in the mail... Friends from BlogLand really are thoughtful!!! I'm joining you via my other blog today ... wishing you a fabulous Tuesday!! xo HHL

ATTEATUDEandChocolate.blogspot.com

Falling Off A High Heeled Life
attitudeivlife.blogspot.com

Sugar Lump Studios said...

what a sweet tea cup and gorgeous tag! I always love seeing what you have to offer here...your blog is so inspiring.

Susan Freeman said...

What a wonderful surprise and such a pretty cup! Thanks for hosting Terri.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Cassy said...

Such a pretty cup!
Love it.

Cassy from Acoustic Guitar Software

Maria Andrade said...

You do have very generous friends in blogland, Terri!
The cup is so beautiful... and the card so sweet!
I loved to see the backstamp.
Thanks for sharing these beauties.
Hugs

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

Terri,
que delicia é ganhar presentes belos!
linda xicara ,
lindo tag!

Charlotte said...

How nice to receive such a pretty tea cup as a gift. Just shows you how special your weekly blog sharing has been to so many, that people think of you when they see a tea cup!

Hope you enjoy your cup of tea today in your pretty new cup.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Unknown said...

What a wonderful cup! I love the scalped edges and it's such a great gift. As always thanks for sharing it with us and for hosting such a fun blog hop type thingy (I don't know what to call it LOL).

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Terri,
What a marvelous tea cup!! So pretty and just the style I love!! Thanks for hosting and thnaks for your visit!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Princesa Nadie said...

Dear Terry
Enjoy your new tea cup ,you are loved by your friends as you are really a very nice and kind person
Sorry,I had some problems with my computer so I could´t come before
All my love for you

Elaine A said...

What a beautiful tea cup Teri! That was so very sweet of Katherine. Enjoy it.

Elaine Allen

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Really sweet cup and saucer Terri, made all the more precious as it was a gift from a friend!
Hopefully I can join you all again in the near future with a cup or two!
Have a lovely evening...
Tina xo

Shirley N said...

What a beautiful tea cup and gift, you're so deserving Terri! I only own one tea cup and maybe one day I'll be brave and enter my picture on your blog though I'm not sure if it's good enough. Love looking at all the tea cups you share!

Julie Goucher said...

What a lovely teacup. I knew it was familiar, my Mum has a set just like it!

Wanda Lee said...

Hello there Terri,

What a pretty teacup and made with creative card treat that your friend sent you!.., Enjoy!

~ Thanks so much for hosting and also sharing this teacup with us!

Happy Teacup Tuesday and Tuesday Tea Time In Blogland!

Please always feel most welcome to visit me. This week marks my 98th, 'Tuesday Tea For Two' and also the '69th, 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday'.

YOU ARE ALWAYS MOST WELCOME TO PARTAKE!~ THANK YOU!..,

Hugs, Wanda Lee

Anonymous said...

Terri - What a lovely prize you received! Yes, I can see why it reminded your friend of you. I notice you are very descriptive of shape when you are showing a cup. The scalloped edges along with the mix of color would be of interest to you. It is lovely! Your informative teacup show and tell has helped me to be more discerning when inspecting cups.
Joy!
Miss Kathy

Dorthe said...

Hi Terry,
I could not comment on your blog yesterday, don`t know why,but there were no comment box!
But yes- now it works again.
The gifted cup is a beauty, and so sweet with the edge-and the card so sweet, too.
What a beautiful present.
Hugs,Dorthe

Theresa said...

Hi Terri, What a wonderful gift & friend you have. I love your new tea cup. Thanks for your lovely words and visit!! xo Theresa

Lady Linda said...

Very Sweet and what wonderful freinds tea cup/tea
bloggers become. Enjoy!
Lady Linda

Creative Grammie said...

What a lovely surprise from your dear friend! It is indeed a beautiful gift. TFS and warm hugs to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...