HomeFree Video TutorialsFairy School TutorialClasses

Monday, July 13, 2009

Insight

This summer has been full of sunshine. O.k. so we have had the unusual days of clouds that seem to threaten rain, but not live up to their threat. Last night we finally had a beautiful rainstorm and today is it bright and sunny again, the green tree's reaching up into the bright blue. So stunning!

I was thinking about all this weather and realizing that this is how my own personal summer has been, sunny with boughts of gray heavy sky, only to turn bright and sunny again...full of promise and beauty! It's all good though. Even the heavy days. The lights and the darks give me contrast.

I am learning that I get to choose how I feel each day...
to see and create beauty any time I choose.




This piece here in the photo is one I did in response to a wonderful class (Mossy Style) I took online at Moss Hill Studio. I thoroughly enjoyed this process. I found this photo in an antique store, this woman really spoke to me. She seems so steady, so sure, so.....grounded. So I chose her to use to express the idea of insight, I just love how she turned out. The skirting is half of a vintage dresser scarf and the beads are vintage as well.

5 comments:

peggy gatto said...

This is a beauty! I love what you created!

K J D said...

This is beautiful...... I really liked your 'insight' into summer and about your own mood selection. It struck a chord with me.

Karen

Debby said...

Terri, this is gorgeous. Love the mossy classes.
Debby

Marlynn said...

I like her too. It is a beautiful piece of art. And yes, we do have a choice each day on how we deal with it! ; )

Terri said...

Thank you Peggy, Karen, Debby and Marlynn! I really appreciate your kind comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...